In 2012, after 30 years of practicing public architecture at Barker Rinker Seacat Architecture in Denver, Bruce Flynn established his consulting and design firm devoted to public clients.
Bruce was a partner at BRS for 25 years and President and Managing Partner for 10. He led firm market sectors for library, civic services and cultural and performing arts. He also led many community recreation projects during that period and helped establish a national recognition in that facility type. Bruce focused on a practice committed to helping “build” the communities he served.
Bruce brings a passion for a team process for exploring dreams, testing options and finding consensus. He is recognized for his skills in public process facilitation and project advocacy on behalf of owners. He believes that building awareness with your “public” for a project is a value he brings to his clients.
The economic realities and citizen expectations of our times demand we always seek “Best Value” solutions for public facilities that should last 100 years or more. Bruce has been instrumental in assisting partnered public entities to leverage public resources. His deep knowledge of public facility planning and design allows him to find symbiosis among shared uses that create special places for diverse civic activity, and that can truly become the Heart of the Community.
Sustainable architecture is a focus Bruce has long brought to his work, including designing Colorado’s first LEED Gold public library in Durango. He loves to orchestrate team efforts to integrate a high level of sustainability into public projects and is an able advocate for the economic and public policy benefits of this important goal.
In the projects completed while at BRS, Bruce typically provided leadership of programming and feasibility, public process, conceptual design, budget management and sustainable design.
- Barker Rinker Seacat Architecture 1983-2012
- Managing Partner and President 1997-2006
- Partner 1986-2012
- Sole Proprietor Architect 1981-83
- Carl Worthington Partnership 1977-79
Education – Professional – Community
- University of Colorado Master of Architecture, with Honors 1977
- University of Florida Bachelor of Design 1973
- NCARB Registered Architect – Colorado, Texas
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Chair 2006, 2009 American Institute of Architects Colorado Design Conference
- Boards – Colorado AIA, Colorado Business Coalition of the Arts, Glory Community
We seek to serve a broad array of individuals and organizations involved in capital projects including:
- Local Government
- Recreation & Parks, Library & Education, Government Services, Cultural Arts, Facilities & Public works
- Design and Planning
- Architects, Land Planners, Facility Programmers
- Corporate and Institutional
- Health & wellness, Community service providers, Non-profits
- Construction firms
- Design –Build partner, Feasibility, Peer review